Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Small Signs of Success

I think I have mentioned a few times here that I am brand new to the book industry.  It's a real learning curve to dive into something so different from what I am accustomed to.  Fortunately for me, the only part that I'm really diving into is the marketing of my book, which can, at times, be a rather humbling experience.  I love this story for a number of reasons, but that doesn't mean everyone will.  In many ways, the internet makes marketing easier, but I have also found it to be a rather overwhelming and impersonal place to try to put out a story so close to my heart.

So, given my feeling of being slightly overwhelmed by trying to "get the word out" about The Trail of the Gypsy Wagon, you can only imagine how happy I was to see this photo on Facebook recently:


This is, as you can see, a picture of the dogs of one of my high school friends.  Cute dogs, right?  That's what all the comments below said.  Except for my comment, which said something like "nice book!" .  I'd sent him a copy of the book a.couple of months ago, and it turns out that he really enjoyed it, and keeps it out on his coffee table.

When I saw this photo, a light came on in my head - this is what it means to get my story out - passing it along to friends who enjoy it, and will hopefully pass the word along to other friends.   There is no better marketing than having an old friend showing off your work!

No comments:

Post a Comment